Columbus is served by Georgia Power – the largest subsidiary of Southern Company, one of the nation's largest generators of electricity. The company is an investor-owned, tax-paying utility, serving 2.3 million customers in 155 of 159 counties in Georgia. Georgia Power's rates remain well below the national average.
Columbus businesses' and residents' natural gas is provided by Liberty Utilities – a regulated water, wastewater, natural gas, and electric utility company providing local utility management, service, and support to small and mid-sized communities across the United States.
Award Winning Municipally-owned water and wastewater facility serving Columbus/Muscogee County, Ft. Benning GA/AL and other regional entities.
- Best rates in the Southeastern United States
- Over 100 years without a drinking water quality violation
- Level III Partnership for State Drinking Water
- Substantial excess capacity to supply new industries
- Drinking water 40 MGD average daily flow
- Wastewater treatment 15 MGD average daily flow
- Sufficient existing capacity to meet the needs of new industry and regional neighbors
- 90 MGD permitted capacity
- 61 MGD Maximum (peak day) use to date
- 32 MGD average daily flow
- 40 MGD average daily flow available capacity
- 42 MGD wastewater treatment capacity
- 27 MGD average daily treated
- 15 MGD average daily flow available capacity
- Water supply is from the Chattahoochee River, and poses no supply limitation in 50-year planning horizon
CWW’s 5 Values:
- Wow Customers
- Act with Integrity
- Trusted Community Partner
- Energized Employees
- Resource Protection